Point Lonsdale is a coastal township on the Bellarine Peninsula, near Geelong and Melbourne in Victoria, Australia. Point Lonsdale is also one of the headlands which frames "The Rip", the entrance to Port Phillip. The headland is dominated by the Point Lonsdale Lighthouse.
Point Lonsdale received a signal station in 1852 to help ships negotiate its dangerous waters. A wooden lighthouse from Shortland Bluff was then dismantled and re-erected at Point Lonsdale in 1863. The present lighthouse was built in 1902, while the earlier wooden lighthouse was cut up for firewood in 1912. The base was altered in 1950 to provide an observation and shipping control room. The Point Lonsdale Lighthouse is one of the last manned lighthouses in Australia.